Monday, August 11, 2008

Preston Blair- The assignment



John K is the best teacher I've never met. Here's his blog entry form May 2006

In the entry, he begins offering free lessons in animation. I've only just found these entries recently, so I'm applying them!

I'm going to work on his assignments every day for 1 hour and log the progress on this blog.

I'm a huge Ren and Stimpy fan, so I trust John's lessons 110%. And I plan to follow them as long as I'm physically able.

I bought the original "Walter Foster" Preston Blair books off ebay around the year 2000. Like many people, I read it, analyzed it, and put it on my shelf without actually applying it. It's high time I finally do!

The first assignment: draw every head on this Preston Blair page using Blair's techniques on CONSTRUCTION.

No comments: